Our exclusive content:
• In-depth market forecasts segmented by technology, end-use markets and geographic region
• Comprehensive analysis of key market drivers and trends in the specialty tires market to 2025
• Exploration of the key industry players in this industry.
Valued at $87 billion in 2019, the 'specialty' segment of the global tire market consists of tires used in on-road applications, such as motorcycles, and mostly or entirely off-road settings such as mining, construction, agriculture/forestry, industry, and aviation. Despite some detachment from the mass markets of light vehicle and truck/bus tires, the specialty segment still touches on many areas of global economic activity, such as urban mobility, commuting/leisure, natural resources, real estate and infrastructure, trade and industry, and air transportation. Despite likely short-term disruption due to COVID-19, demand is expected to grow in volume and value close to 5% per year (CAGR) by 2025, with motorcycle and industrial vehicle tires enjoying above-average prospects.
What will you discover?
• A complete overview of the specialty tire market in 2020–25
• Tire industry challenges and opportunities that impact the specialty market including developments in transportation technology and mobility, tire technology advances, greater performance/load demands in many end use applications
• The largest and most dynamic market is Asia- Pacific, which tops the growth forecast in most segments.
Who should buy the report?
• Materials suppliers
• Tire manufacturers
• Users of tire (OEMS)
The Smithers methodology
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
About the author:
Art Mayer has many years of experience in and around the tire industry, working in a variety of roles at Dealer Tire and as a contract writer and consultant covering a wide range of non-technical topics in the tire market for Smithers and its clients. He was a speaker at Smithers’ Traction conference in 2016 and 2018, covering the fast-emerging area of sensors and intelligent tires.