Our exclusive content:
- Exploration of the key drivers and trends in the lifecycle of banknotes
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the use of cash in a crisis
- In-depth study of the lifecycle of banknotes, from design, through printing and circulation
The banknote industry continues to be tight and niche, steeped in tradition and legacy for both supplier and customer. Despite the small target market, demand
continues unabated which has encouraged new entrants and accelerated product development as suppliers continue to seek industry-leading technology as a
competitive edge. The increase in competition has also put immense pressure on suppliers, reducing the available slice of the pie and driving down margins.
What will you discover?
- A complete overview of the lifecycle of the banknote market
- The impact COVID-19 is having upon the banknote industry
- How the banknote market is dealing with the increasing pressure from counterfeiters
Who should buy the report?
The Smithers methodology
- Private organisations in the security print/packaging supply chain; such as ink suppliers, substrate suppliers, security feature specialist, packaging converters, brand owners etc.
- Public sector organisations concerned with the issuance and management of currency – e.g. Central banks
- Financial consultancies (e.g. Hedge funds)
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of interviews with targeted interviews with material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets. This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international packaging trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
About the author:
Doug Brooks entered the banknote industry in 2012, gaining a wealth of experience with Giesecke & Devrient in hardware and software solutions for banknote processing and cash centre management. He then moved to De La Rue as Global Business Development Director, Currency Solutions, responsible for new printed banknotes opportunities along with sales by the cash processing solutions division. Doug has spoken at conferences around the world and written various articles on currency management.