Our exclusive content:
- In-depth qualitative analysis of current and fiveyear future demand of all formats of finished
- personal ID, substrates and security components
- Critical examination of the evolving nature of the personal ID market and the key factors driving its growth through to 2023
- Over 100 data tables and illustrative figures segmenting the market by value and volume
What methodology is used?
The Future of Personal ID to 2023 is founded in a unique in-depth primary and secondary research programme spanning the global value chain for security documents. This includes a detailed primary research investigation to identify, measure and quantify each end-use application for every world market. This is then quantified by combining it with proprietary pricing, and verified production capacity data.
Results are then consolidated to produce market forecasts per technology, end-use market, region/country. This was further confirmed and contextualised by extensive secondary research; including scrutiny of:
- Data from specialist industry associations and international economic institutions, such as the IMF, the OECD and the World Bank
- Industry publications
- Regional and local news organisations
- Press releases andinterviews with key suppliers in the personal ID sector
- Patent and technical literature data stores
- Smithers own database of technology and print markets
- Attendance at key security print conferences and trade shows, including confidential interviews with attendees.
What will you discover?
- Quantified market data for the suppliers and printers at every stage of the value chain on the current demand for personal identity documents presented in an easy-to-reference format presented and analysed from a commercial perspective.
- Expert insight into how governments and industry are responding to the challenge of incorporating new online and digital technology – such a blockchain, and multi-function ID documents.
- In-depth analysis of the shifting business priorities in the personal ID sector, unmet current demands, and commercial growth opportunities across 2018-2023.
Who should buy the report?
- Security printers
- Equipment and machinery suppliers
- Consumable suppliers
- Security technology integrators
- National identity policy and strategy planners
- Industry consultants, investors, regulators and analysts