Our exclusive content:
- In-depth data on cash replacement by electronic payment mechanisms in key global markets across 2018–29
- Detailed insight into bank and consumer attitudes to the cashless society; including technical barriers to its deployment
- Critical analysis of the evolution of different non-cash payment solutions.
What methodology is used?
The Future of Cash Cycles to 2029 is based on extensive primary research of targeted interviews with key decision makers and specialists at central banks, technology suppliers, and leading industry consultants. This was supported by detailed secondary research on current cash and non-cash payments solutions and the future of cash cycles.
This draws on a diverse range of official and private databases, supplier websites and brochures, technical articles, papers and conference proceedings. This was further cross referenced with existing Smithers qualitative and quantitative data on the banknote and security printing industry and related technologies to construct a series of detailed cash cycle adoption scenarios and forecasts through to 2029.
What will you discover?
- The value and volume of current and future physical and different electronic payment in key regional markets with forecasts through to 2029
- The impact of digitalisation of the cash cycle on organisations at all its stages – central banks; public and private sector banknote printers; commercial banks; cash-intransit companies; etc.
- How evolution of the cash cycles will affect demand for printed banknotes and their design.
Who should buy this report?
- Private-sector organisations active in the printing and distribution of cash
- Payment technology suppliers
- Central banks, state printers and mints
- Manufacturers of ATMs, cash handling and cash processing equipment
- Business strategy consultants and analysts.