Our exclusive content:
- Exclusive data forecasts of the demand for 11 formats by value and volume of printed signage from 2014-2024
- In-depth analysis of the impact of evolution in retail, e-commerce, and electronic signage on future use of printed media
- Profiling of key developments in wide-format equipment, inks and substrates.
What methodology is used?
The research methodology for this report incorporated a combination of desk research and fieldwork, with a focus on primary sources; including interviews with leading individuals, companies and trade associations in the signage printing industry. This was then combined with Smithers’ existing database of statistics and trends in the global paper and print industry to produce an authoritative forecast for current and future growth by value and volume.
All of the secondary and primary information generated in the other stages was re-assessed using the Delphi market research technique. This included critical insight from Smithers’ network of industry experts around the world, to moderate the research findings and ensure the highest possible degree of accuracy.
What will you discover?
- Historic, current and forecast demand for all key formats of interior and exterior printed signage, in over 120 tables and data figures
- What the impact of competition from electronic media and e-commerce will be on the use of physical signage and point-of-sale media through to 2024
- How evolving retail trends in 15 major companies will shape the future of this lucrative print segment
- Current and future use of different print processes in signage work, including the ongoing growth and innovation in wide-format inkjet
Who should buy this report?
FREE report - THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE PRINTING INDUSTRY
- Manufacturers of wide-format and signage print equipment
- Ink and signage substrate suppliers
- Print service providers
- Suppliers of finishing equipment
- Industry consultants, investors, and analysts
When purchasing a copy of this report you will also recieve a free copy of our brand new report THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE PRINTING INDUSTRY.
COVID-19 will create permanent changes in printing demand. This new report builds upon solid socio-economic data and expert technical/market insight to assess the magnitude of these changes.
The report presents three scenarios, and models how the markets are likely to evolve in the immediate short-term and over the next five years, based on an in-depth assessment for each printed product, print process and geographic region.
The three scenarios – mild impact, probable impact and pessimistic – each show a fall in print demand, with labels and packaging least affected. Publishing output will fall most accelerating the existing decline, although there are short-term boosts for books. In commercial print lower marketing spend by businesses in recession depresses demand with volume and values falling, packaging and labels will grow but at a lower rate than previously forecast.
As part of the methodology, Smithers experts – led by Dr. Sean Smyth - interviewed printing and packaging companies across the global value chain (including equipment, paper, ink and plate suppliers) to ensure the market data and analysis is grounded in reality. The economic foundation of the model is the April forecast from the IMF.
There will be major industry re-structuring with weak print companies and suppliers failing as demand falls. Remaining companies will innovate and diversify, producing PPE equipment an early example as companies collaborate and widen the range of products and services they offer, with routes to market changing toward on-line.
This report is a critical tool to help navigate this disruption, identify potential threats as well as opportunities, and aid strategic planning as the entire printing industry faces a truly disruptive event that will accelerate many longer-term trends.
Smithers is providing THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE PRINTING INDUSTRY
immediately to existing customers of this report.