Our exclusive content:
- Forecast scenarios for packaging in a future e-commerce environment
- Analysis of specific impacts across the packaging value chain – from material supply, through converting, to distribution, and on to retail and marketing
- Ranking and scoring of key e-commerce trends.
What methodology is used?
The Impact of E-Commerce on Packaging: Long-term Forecasts to 2029 is the product of an integrated primary and secondary research program carried out by Smithers. Primary research involves extensive interviews across the e-commerce distribution chain to determine current and future use in this application.
This was combined with extensive secondary research drawing on Smithers and selected third-party databases of historical data, conference proceedings, trade directories, official market reports and trade figures, press releases and white papers.
What will you discover?
- The key aspects of the packaging industry and packaging business models that will be most affected by the rising e-commerce megatrend
- Detailed scoring data and ranking of impacts, to help with high-level strategic planning for an e-commerce future
- Forecast scenarios tailored to players at different stages of the value chain – from materials supply through to retailing.
Who should buy this report?
- Manufacturers of corrugated board and other packaging substrates
- Packaging designers and suppliers of protective technologies
- Logistics and distribution organizations
- Brands and e-commerce retailers
- Packaging equipment and machinery suppliers
- Packaging and retail sector consultants and analysts.