Our exclusive content:
- In-depth profiling of the components, applications and systems for active and intelligent packaging across 2015–2025
- Comprehensive data set segmenting these markets across all key metrics
- Expert insight into evolving trends, cutting-edge technologies, consumer and brand trends.
Global active and intelligent packaging sales grew during 2015–19 from $4.95 billion to $6.00 billion, with an annual average growth rate of 5.1%. Sales during 2020– 25 are forecast to grow to $8.6 billion at an annual growth rate of 6.4%. Global active packaging sales are expected to hit $6.1 billion in 2025 with an annual average growth rate from 2020 of 4.1%. Global intelligent packaging sales are forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2025 with an annual average growth rate of 13.3% from 2020.
What will you discover?
The Smithers methodology
- Exclusive analysis of arising brand and consumer trends and how the increasing interaction of active and intelligent systems will shape future packaging
- Geographic segmentations delivering a solid foundation for future strategic decision-making
- Forecast growth and shifts in demand for active and intelligent component types.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of interviews with packaging material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets.
This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international
packaging trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
About the Author
Georgy Cameron is a market analyst with Smithers and joined the team in December 2018. She has worked on over 15 projects for Smithers and has authored two reports these are; The Future of Flexible Packaging to 2024 and Packaging in Asia to 2024.
Who should buy this report?
- Manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of active and intelligent packaging components
- Technology developers
- Packaging converters and designers
- Brand and retailers strategizing to exploit the potential of active and intelligent solutions for their products and consumers
- Consultant and analysts.