Our exclusive content:
What does the report cover?
- The impact Covid-19 has had upon global nonwoven wipes
- The key drivers and trends driving developments in the nonwoven wipes industry
- The global nonwoven wipes market segmented by region
The global nonwovens wipe market consumed 1.4 million tonnes of nonwovens in 2020 and is valued at $19.6 billion. Annual growth rates for 2015-20 were 7.2% (volume) and 7.0% (value).
Nonwovens in general and nonwoven wipes specifically have been less negatively impacted than many other industries as a result of Covid-19. Some products, notably face masks and disinfecting wipes, are among the most sought after products during the pandemic; disinfecting wipes supply will not catch up with demand globally until mid to late 2021. Conversely, automotive, construction and food service industrial wipes have all been negatively impacted.
Overall, the global nonwovens wipe market is forecast to experience slightly higher than historical growth rates, with consumption of 2.0 million tonnes and a value of $26.1 billion by 2025.
What will you discover?
What methodology is used?
- Home care wipes are the largest wipes market by sales, at 34.6% of the total global wipes market
- Covid-19 has made disinfectant wipes a desperate need, second only to face masks in all nonwoven consumption
- The five sub-segments within the personal care wipes market, which are among the highest price of all wipes globally.
This report is based on extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research consisted of interviews with targeted interviews with packaging material suppliers, converters and experts drawn from key markets.
This was supported by secondary research in the form of extensive literature analysis of published data, official government statistics, domestic and international trade organisation data, company websites, industry reports, trade press articles, presentations, and attendance at trade events.
Who should buy this report?
About the author:
- Pulp, paper, nonwoven and wipe suppliers
- Other raw material suppliers and producers
- Machinery and equipment suppliers
- Wipe manufacturers.
Phillip Mango has spent almost 40 years in the nonwovens industry. He has had varying positions and areas of expertise within the industry, from applications management for the global leader in nonwoven binders to technology director for the world’s largest airlaid producer, to founder, owner and head of operations for his own nonwovens company. He entered the consulting field in 2003 and has authored more than 35 reports for Smithers.