Original run date: December 11, 2014 | download below >
Winter tire testing experts Sean Connolly and Jim McIntyre explore the key winter traction standards in North America and Europe and the test methods used to verify tires to them. They explain how the requirements, test methods, and markings vary from region to region, adding complexity to the process.
The webinar covers:
- North American Mountain Snowflake Standard & UNECE Regulation 117 implemented through European regulation EC 661/2009
- What conditions are required?
- How is the test conducted?
- What are the main differences?
- Other considerations for winter braking and traction testing
- Smithers Winter Test Center overview
Learn more about Smithers winter testing and whole tire testing capabilities.